hl highlights a matched pattern in reverse text. Patterns can use regular expressions.
hl reads input either from a command line argument or standard input.
Screen shot -
First example: hl gets input from file 'tmp' and highlights all words
that begin with a capital letter.
Second example: hl gets input from the piped output of ps and highlights
- hl text (md5 = 4c1abf10d62a3e6cf5ceef052b6ac1e0)
- hl.gz zipped (md5 = d8a70be4d04353caaee36ad06031658e)
- 0 - No errors were encountered
- 1 - The arguments were not correctly specified
- 2 - The file specified on the command line does not exist
More open source scripts
Contact & Support